Community Awareness Series: Promoting Healthy Behaviors
Topic: Human Trafficking and Our Youth
Stephanie Olson is a speaker, author and the CEO/President of The Set Me Free Project. Stephanie has extensive experience in the study of human trafficking prevention education and social media safety. In her presentation, “Sex Trafficking and Our Youth”, she will share the following:
• Identify what human trafficking and sex trafficking is.
• Discuss what factors make individuals the most vulnerable to sex trafficking and what the grooming process is and how it is used by traffickers.
• What dangers are present on social media sites and gaming platforms.
• Learn how to spot a trafficking victim and what to do when you see a trafficking victim.
• Learn how we can prevent our youth from becoming victims of sex trafficking.
Our youth are our future’s greatest asset. Schools, parents, caregivers and communities all play a role in providing supportive pathways for our youth as they navigate childhood and adolescence. SCIP (School Community Intervention and Prevention) is partnering with Lincoln Public Schools, Bryan Independence Center and the Lancaster Prevention Coalition to put on a series of valuable presentations about how to support the health and well-being of our community’s youth. These events are open to parents, students, school professionals and community members.